Watchet Festival news: TOP 6 REASONS FOR GOING TO A MUSIC FESTIVAL…
Latest update from Watchet Festival
TOP 6 REASONS FOR GOING TO A MUSIC FESTIVAL
“Everybody has been to a music festival at least once in their life right? You haven’t? Here are 6 good reasons why you should try!
1. Music. If you are a music fan, and your favourite artist is playing at a festival, there is no better way to see him/her live! Generally music festivals give you good value for money – a single concert of a really good pop/rock band would cost you around 40 pounds… for this amount a day you can see at least four performances in a row (if you can run the short distance from one stage to another, even more!), several days of fun and a camping site included in the price. Plus, it is a really good way to discover new artists/genres that you might like: a lot of emergent artists and artists play for their first time at minor stages at festivals. In ten years time you will say “I was there!” showing pictures of that special moment.
2. Memorable moments. Normally you would go to a music festival with a group of friends and you can be sure you will have an amazing time. Is not just about sharing the experience of seeing your favourite live set: its the road trip, setting up your tent,, sleeping under the stars, playing the guitar before you go to bed, get up together to the sound of music, drinking under the sun… in other words, enjoying life! If you will ever have to list the top 10 best moments shared with a friend, for sure one of these will be the festival you went together to!
3. Socialising. Yes it is true, I have just told you that you will share amazing moments with your best friends of a lifetime.. but this doesn’t mean you cannot make new ones! Your tent’s neighbours, the guy playing the acoustic guitar on the other side of the camping area, the girl next to you during the last concert of the day, the guy lining up with you at the bar… everybody is there to enjoy their time and have fun, everybody is happy and positive: it is so easy to start talking to people and make new friends. That’s the festival atmosphere!
4. Enjoy the weather. The sun is up in the sky, there is no clouds, the summer breeze is blowing through your hair… the best way to soak up this moment is listening to some good music, drinking a beer/cider and relaxing. Wait… we know, it’s England, summer over here is not always as graceful as described above. But don’t worry! The great thing about festivals is that you can enjoy your time even if it’s raining. You just have to put your wellies on, keep your rain jacket ready and never mind the mud!
5. Drinking. You have the sun, you have good music, you have your friends: the picture is not complete without a good drink. You can enjoy your cider, the typical pimm’s or even craft beers and real ales! The best part is that nobody has to worry about driving home – everybody is safe. Be sure you don’t go too far though: drink responsibly!
6. It’s fun! There is no other words to describe it: the music, your friends, drinking, dressing up, being outside, meeting people, flirting, being on holidays, tanning, laughing, enjoying life!
Are you ready now? Then go buy your tickets today!”
Watchet Music Festival