Latest update from Watchet Festival
Everybody’s been to a music festival at least once in their life right? You haven’t?! Here are 8 good reasons why you should come to Watchet Music Festival 2018.
1. Music festivals are good value for money. A
single concert will cost you in excess of £40, for approximately £15 less you can buy a Day Ticket to Watchet Music Festival and see at least 10 or more performances in a row. Also, a music festival is a really good way to discover new artists/genres that you might like: a lot of emergent artists and artists play for their first time at minor stages at festivals. In ten years time you will say “I was there!” showing pictures of that special moment.
2. Memorable moments. Normally you would go to a music festival with a group of friends and you can be sure you will have an amazing time. Its not just about sharing the experience of your favourite artists it’s also the build up, the road trip, setting up your tent, sleeping under the stars, playing the guitar before you go to bed, getting up to the sound of music, drinking in the sun… in other words, enjoying life! If you will ever have to list the top 10 best moments shared with a friend, we’re confident one of these would be the festival you went together to!
3. Socialising. A music festival is a great place who make new friends. Your neighbours, the guy playing the acoustic guitar on the other side of the camping area, the girl next to you during the last concert of the day, the guy lining up with you at the bar… everybody is there to enjoy their time and have fun, everybody is happy and positive: it is so easy to start talking to people and make new friends. That’s the festival atmosphere!
4. Try out fancy outfits. People see the festival as a moment of escape and liberation, a place where you can be completely who you want to be, where you are free to express yourself….. what better way to do it than with a fancy dress outfit? This year’s fancy dress theme is ‘Black & White’.
5. Camping. You are not a camping person, you don’t enjoy nature, you are afraid of insects and don’t like to sleep on the ground? Camping at a festival is still something you have to try in your life! The best part is that you can “enjoy” the camping experience surrounded by thousands of people (all the scary animals that normally come out at night will definitely stay away from the camping area of a festival) and usually you do not camp for more than 3 days, so it is still shorter than an actual camping holyday. Still not sure? You could always buy a day ticket!!
6. The weather. The sun is up in the sky, there are no clouds, the summer breeze is blowing through your hair… the best way to soak up this moment is listening to some good music, drinking a cider/beer and relaxing. Ok, so this is England and Summer here is not always as graceful as described above. But don’t worry! The great thing about festivals is that you can enjoy your time even if it’s raining. You just have to put your wellies on, keep your rain jacket ready and never mind the mud!
7. Drinking. You have the sun, you have good music, you have your friends: the picture is not complete without a good drink. You can enjoy your cider or beers and the best part is that nobody has to worry about driving home – everybody is safe. Be sure you don’t go too far though – drink responsibly!
8. Finally, It’s fun! There is no other words to describe it: the music, your friends, drinking, dressing up, being outside, meeting people, flirting, being on holiday, tanning (hopefully), laughing, enjoying life!
Watchet Music Festival