An experienced paramedic who treated a dying New South Wales festivalgoer has told an inquest the lack of leadership inside the event’s medical tent was “completely abhorrent”.
Melbourne retail assistant Diana Nguyen, 21, and Sydney student Joseph Pham, 23, died after overdosing on MDMA at the Sydney music festival Defqon.1 on 15 September 2018.
They are among six people whose recent drug-related deaths at NSW music festivals are being scrutinised at a coronial inquest.
NSW Ambulance intensive care paramedic Timothy Mascorella said it was clear the instant he saw Pham he was showing signs of MDMA toxicity and needed to be transported to hospital immediately.
But he said the private contractor managing the medical tent was overwhelmed by the number of patients and lack of medical equipment available.
“I found it extremely difficult to deliver care to [Pham] as there was no team leader established,” Mascorella told the…
Straight from The Guardian
(image courtesy of http://www.rosestallard.com/)
No upcoming events