Hey guys I’m 21 and my sister is 17 . I’m looking to take her to the big what festival as we went to pasture palooza the year before. But the website says under 18 has to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. She doesn’t have an id or anything as she doesn’t drive or anything yet. I’m flying down from Washington to go and was wondering if I could say I’m her legal guardian or if they will need id or anything. I know they make you sign a liability waiver and I’m fine signing one for her but I don’t wanna make the drive to get her and then get turned away. Edit- she is half sister with different last name idk if that matters

View Reddit by Roxandroll98View Source

Will my 17 year old sister be allowed at the big what festival from festivals

Roxandroll98

8 thoughts on “REDDIT FESTIVAL NEWS Will my 17 year old sister be allowed at the big what festival

Thumperkat

(May 18, 2018 - 5:20 am)

Idk about the brother vs parent thing but she is gonna need an ID I bet

KimJongiscool

(May 18, 2018 - 5:20 am)

Slip who ever checks ids a 20 and the will let you by, they are human working on a minimum wage buddget. They would appreciate it

TheWhitehouseII

(May 18, 2018 - 5:20 am)

Hey man,

I’ve been to the Big What two times. However they were both at the old venue a farm owned by family friends of Big Something. They are at a new venue over in Pittsboro now (A legit festival venue, not just a random farm) and may have different rules.

I will say that Big What is easily my favorite festival ever and they are very lax and have a very chill vibe. I know because they don’t actively sell booze at the fest and its BYOB they probably won’t be checking IDs. I would say if your sister looks like shes 18 and isn’t a 17 y/o who looks 14 then you should be fine. That being said I remember people and artists that had much younger children.

I think you could pull the “I’m her legal guardian” card if they questioned you at all and they wouldnt ask for any proof. But really I don’t think you will have an issue this is one of the most laid back and genuine festivals out there. I am jealous you are going I wasnt able to make it last year and cant this year but maybe next summer.

Have fun and enjoy the late night/secret sets, one year they had Empire Strikes Bass lead us on trail through the woods to a secret stage deep back in the farm for an amazing cover set. Have fun and enjoy NC, pick up some good local beers and fill a cooler with more than youll think youll need. Enjoy!

taelor

(May 18, 2018 - 5:20 am)

I can’t think of a festival I’ve been ID’d at that wasn’t for alcohol. I’m sure you’ll be fine. Just act like you know what your doing and no one will say anything.

CptNemo56

(May 18, 2018 - 5:20 am)

if they ask, maybe say youre her older brother and adopted her because of bad parents or something. it does happen

jman457

(May 18, 2018 - 5:20 am)

If you are 21 you are good to be a parent or guardian. But 99.9% of the time they only ID for alcohol.

BroadwayJoe

(May 18, 2018 - 5:20 am)

So this is from a different festival in a different state, but this caught my eye on the lightning in a bottle FAQ:

>What if I’m under 18 and want to attend?

>If you or your child wishes to attend the event with a trusted friend or family member, you must complete all necessary paperwork recognized by the state of California to grant temporary guardianship. More information on this can be found here: http://www.courts.ca.gov/1214.htm

Might be worth seeing if your state has something similar, if you really want to come prepared.

Edit: and yeah, she’ll definitely need an ID. Passport works, or go to the DMV and get whatever the non-driving ID is called.

Shane_Durkin

(May 18, 2018 - 5:20 am)

Nobody cares how old your sister is man… Except for me