REDDIT FESTIVAL NEWS I don’t usually carry my phone but sometimes I do wonder what happened at the show I just went to

View Reddit by PikawoohooView Source

Pikawoohoo

1. whipstickagopop says:

Yeah I typically take out my phone and record video 2 or 3 times during a set, no more than 1min or 2min. Really takes you back to moment I love it and wish people weren’t douchbags about it (fucking Tool fans).

2. AskWhy817 says:

if this ain’t one of the truest things i’ve ever seen

3. SteelWalker12 says:

Especially the next day when they’re spending like an hour just watching videos of the night before on high volume

4. raddaraddo says:

Yeah I find recording a little bit really helps piece it all back together in the morning.

5. GregLouganus says:

The last fest I went to (Sasquatch 2018), I made a point to record at least once at each set I went to. It is fucking incredible to have an entire video memory of that whole weekend.

6. sleekandspicy says:

Lol this is me

7. youremyboyblue92 says:

I record shows I’m enjoying, but not fully commiting to getting close for the pit. Save energy for the shows I really care, while not always falling victim to this situation

8. notinmypants24 says:

it’s always the worst when you get stuck behind someone recording the whole show

9. CleanlinesBoldart says:

Over the last five years of festivals I have taken plenty of photos but very very few videos for how much music I have witnessed live. I never record the intro to sets because everyone’s phone goes up then and I figure I can always find that on YouTube. Then what happens during a set is I get over stimulated take a handful of cool pics and 3-5 25 second long videos. They are never long enough and always random moments. My plan this year (2021) is to record just one track of each set i attend then spend the other 40 or so minutes dancing my butt off. That way at the end of the season I can recall through my vlog each and every artist I saw and where I was In relation to the stage. Also taking time to video the folks around me cause I’m the weirdo that makes all people in my immediate surroundings my bestie. I’ve never been one to record an entire set but I have watched full performances of festivals I was at to try and recapture that moment. So for those festival goers that record everything, thank you! 🙏❤️🌈

10. Goodvibes29 says:

So true🤣

11. ShockinglyPale says:

Nah, if the DJ’s playing records then you have to record it. You might never hear that tune again. I’ve found bare tracks from shazaming videos the day after.