Latest update from Camp Bestival
hey campers and campettes…Rob da Bank here! So its 139 sleeps til Camp Besti 2019 and still lots of stupendous acts, DJs, artists, comedians, talky people, podcasters, heroes and superheroes to announce. From Nile Rodgers and Sister Sledge to Napalm Death, Grandmaster Flash and the queen of raving Annie Mac to talks on everything from festival fashion and mental health to raising kids with autism and award-winning street theatre, it’s promising to be our biggest line-up yet. But for me it's always about the acts off the beaten track that need to be searched out and enjoyed by all ages…so here’s my top 5:
1) Wild Tribe – our brand new Josie da Bank curated field all about getting back to nature, finding out about fire, making stuff outta wood and embracing our natural surroundings. Hosted by leading bushcraft experts I’m probably not gonna leave this field most of the weekend as I happily whittle away.
2) Thrill Collins – our resident ‘acoustic trio’ who umm thrill us every year and can normally be found in Caravanserai belting out UK garage numbers or US hip hop in a skiffle style. Absolutely essential.
3) Mums That Rave – a collaboration between legendary DJ Nikki Beatnik and Fashion stylist & blogger Yvadney Davis, Mums That Rave will bring the fiercest good times tunes to get everyone tearing up the dancefloor.
4) Silent Disco – when a few of the truly knackered have turned in for the night and only the hardcore survive (about 11pm to be exact!) then the Silent Disco kicks into action in the Big Top…Expect big name surprise sets, lots of fun tunes and one of the best atmospheres of the weekend.
5) Yoga Nidra – I’m returning for my 12th Camp Bestival as allegedly I have some involvement in running the festival, but for the second year running I’ll take an hour out of cleaning toilets and plugging stuff in to host a super relaxing Yoga Nidra, which is essentially a really energising yogic sleep and will leave you feeling pumped up for your day.