Latest update from Camp Bestival
Everyone loves a list so we thought we’d make one all about the amazing things you can do in the Dorset area as part of your festiholiday trip to Camp Bestival!
As Camp Bestival takes place on the first weekend of the summer holidays, it’s perfect to set you up for a longer holiday in and around stunning Dorset.
Let us know your favourite places and tips below!
1. Jurassic Coast: OMG! An actual World Heritage Site with 95 miles of stunning coastline to drop your jaw at.
2. Lulworth Cove: The ultimate quaint english seaside cove, almost perfectly circular. Picnics, ice creams and pubs galore.
3. Durdle Door: One of the best natural archways in rock you’re ever likely to see. Fact.
4. Dinosaur Museum: Britain's only museum solely devoted to dinosaurs and their fascinating world. ROOOAARR!
5. Swanage Railway Steam Train: Who doesn’t like a steam train? Ride from Swanage to Corfe Castle using the power of really hot water.
6. Corfe Castle: Dorset’s iconic medieval castle, tea rooms, battle reenactments, a model village, landscaped gardens and more.
7. Tank Museum: Tanks! Loads of them! Big ones, little ones and everything in between.
8. Crab House Café: Seafood glorious seafood in this rustic seaside hut. With epic views over the charming Chesil Beach.
9. Chesil Beach: Taking you back to Geography lessons, this is a prime example of a ‘long shore drift’. Impress your kids with your awesome knowledge.
10. Weymouth: Beach huts, Georgian houses, harbour fortress, revolving viewing tower (Jurassic Skyline), a causeway to a lighthouse and so much more.