Latest update from Brighton Pride:

Two youths who choked a student and forced him to apologise for being gay in a vile homophobic attack on the Tube have walked free from court. Will Mayrick, 20, feared for his life and was left struggling to breathe after two attackers placed him in a headlock as he travelled on a train to a fancy….

Brighton & Hove Pride – Official Page

25 thoughts on “Brighton Pride news: Youths who choked student until he apologised for being gay walk free from court

(May 17, 2018 - 2:54 pm)

Hope your OK thank god we all don’t think the same x

(May 17, 2018 - 2:55 pm)

Can’t see what someone sexuality has to do with anyone else

(May 17, 2018 - 3:03 pm)

This really upset me
    I think it’s disgusting that this happens to anyone
    And I just think that the lack of punishment handed down to these ignorant children is shocking
    How can anyone treat another human being like that I don’t understand it
    I shan’t put in writing what I would do to these people if I ever come across such disgusting behaviour!
    I hope that the guy is not put off going on with his daily life.
    Everyone should be able to live their life as they choose with no fear of threats or violence x

(May 17, 2018 - 3:32 pm)

What the absolute F!!!!! How DARE these yobs do that to another human being. They can’t be named because of their age… They should be named and shamed and do custodial sentence then have lessons on how to treat people. Makes me so mad 😡

(May 17, 2018 - 3:51 pm)

This is disgusting! Society seems to be going backwards, not forwards! And what has anyone’s sexuality got to do with anyone else 😡

(May 17, 2018 - 4:01 pm)

A most unfortunate incident, but the punishment handed down was probably usual for this sort of case. And there was punishment, these two idiots have now got a criminal record which will not improve their chances of employment. Can only hope they’ve learnt their lesson and that the victim can get on with his life.

(May 17, 2018 - 4:13 pm)

Happy international day against homophobia. Ffs this makes me rage. What an absolute insult to humanity

(May 17, 2018 - 4:13 pm)

Find me the names and I’ll make them “sorry”.

(May 17, 2018 - 4:23 pm)

It’s not good enough a tougher sentence is needed!!!😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

(May 17, 2018 - 4:39 pm)

Outrageous. These thugs need locking up. Had this been a racist attack would the judge still order “each to pay a £20 victim surcharge and £150 compensation “? No, I didn’t think so either. 😡

(May 17, 2018 - 4:55 pm)

I would appeal against that court ruling

(May 17, 2018 - 4:58 pm)

Bet they made there parents family friends proud bloody sick this world is no justice bring back capital punishment or simply hang them all wat scum deserve!!!! 😠😡😤

(May 17, 2018 - 4:59 pm)

So much for hate crime being taken more seriously 🙁

(May 17, 2018 - 5:14 pm)

Shame on our courts fine them etc this so wrong law must change and our law must be harder too makes me sick

(May 17, 2018 - 5:28 pm)

TfL and police have big words but no action they are all talk. I don’t suppose the magistrate will be prosecuted for encouraging homophobia and hate crime , they will be sat at home pleased with their expenses clueless as to the impact of attacks like this !😡😡😡

(May 17, 2018 - 5:42 pm)

This is disgusting and makes me very sad 😔

(May 17, 2018 - 5:50 pm)

I totally agree, education is the way to open people’s minds to everything that is ok.
    Love is for everyone❤️

(May 17, 2018 - 5:52 pm)

What was the point in tracking them down. Going to court all for them to just walk away minus £200. Imo this isn’t a win. Terrible.

(May 17, 2018 - 6:43 pm)

Disgusting and shameful justice system we have.

(May 17, 2018 - 7:26 pm)

How appalling – their behaviour is inexcusable!

(May 17, 2018 - 7:54 pm)

Disgusting. How can that level of hate go unpunished.

(May 17, 2018 - 8:18 pm)

Trumpism is infecting the entire Earth.

(May 17, 2018 - 9:57 pm)

They didn’t walk free. They were caught, tried and then sentenced by a judge.
    Their behaviour was disgusting but the sentence they got isn’t unusual.
    The criminal justice system is crumbling under the Tories. There isn’t enough police to investigate every crime and if it’s investigated the sentences usually involve community service or a fine.
    There’s also very little victim support for anyone who has been subject to attacks like these.

Anonymous

(May 17, 2018 - 10:01 pm)

Hopefully someone will find them and do the same to them. They deserve death.

Anonymous

(May 17, 2018 - 10:31 pm)

Dreadful ! Karma will get them and they are probably secretly gay anyway. It’s astonishing anything like this can happen now , it’s 2018 ffs ! I think the guy that was attacked dealt with it incredibly well and dignified bless him xx