The ultimate festival calendar featuring events from over 600 festivals across the UK. Updated daily – if your event isn’t listed e-mail a link to your Facebook events page to: email@example.com
- This event has passed.
2019 Hastings Bonfire, Procession and Fireworks
Saturday, October 19 @ 7:15 pm - 10:15 pm
The annual Hastings Bonfire returns on Saturday 19th October, with a day of free activities to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the spectacular event.
The Southern Skirmish Association will start the day with an American Civil War 1863 Artillery and Infantry display at the Harbour Arm and in the Old Town. There will be a colours parade (including blank firing) at 11:30am, infantary and artillery walk through the Old Town at 12:30pm, an artillery display and drill on the Harbour Arm at 2pm (no firing), and a special 25th anniversary salute fire at 3pm.
Families are also invited to take part in a free Guy Making Competition, between 12:30pm – 3:30pm at the Stade Hall. Materials and help are provided and the competition is open to anyone under 16 (under 12’s must be accompanied by an adult). There are fun prizes to be won, and you can see your Guy burn on the bonfire in the evening!
At 7:15pm, the procession will form up on White Rock, between Robertson Street and the White Rock Hotel. There will be a ceremony at the America Ground (the corner of Claremont and Robertson Street), before processing through the town centre and old town. The bonfire and fireworks will then be lit at approximately 9pm at the Pelham Place car park.
Hastings Bonfire is a large event completely run by volunteers. To help ensure it continues for many years to come, please take note of the following:
• This event can be loud – please do not bring pets or anyone of a nervous disposition
• Do not pick up discarded torches
• Download the What3Words app – this could help the emergency services locate you in an emergency
• Do not bring fireworks – it is illegal to discharge fireworks in a public place
• Keep on the safe side of the barriers, they are there for your safety
• Listen to marshals
• Look up road closures in advance at www.hbbs.info or www.hastings.gov.uk
• Do not join or cut up the procession – you will be removed
• Expect intermittent loud bangs, including cracker points on White Rock, Harold Place and the Bourne and on the firesite
• When exiting the event, if you are returning to the town centre, please use the seafront and Havelock Road. Do not try to exit through the underpass on Castle Street by Argos
• Please bring any spare change you have to make a donation to our charities and to buy a programme
Hastings Borough Bonfire Society would like to thank all its sponsors for helping to make the event possible.
Full event information is available at www.hbbs.info or by purchasing a programme, available in the Tourist Information Centre, for a suggested donation of £1.