The Rage Against The Machine co-founder has announced a new album, ‘The Atlas Underground’
The Rage Against The Machine, Audioslave and Prophets of Rage co-founder will release the album on 12 October.
Well-known for his high-profile collaborations with stars such as Bruce Springsteen and Johnny Cash, Morello’s latest project sees him working with a huge list of collaborators including Marcus Mumford, Portugal. The Man, Bassnectar, the Wu-Tang Clan’s RZA and GZA.
Combining riff-rock with EDM and hip-hop, the singer has released two new songs from the album – ‘We Don’t Need You’ featuring Vic Mensa and ‘Battle Sirens’, a collaboration with Knife Party.
Speaking about the new project, Morello said: “The riffs and the beats led the way, but the extraordinary talents of the collaborators set my creativity into uncharted territory. I’ve been devoted both musically and as an activist to fighting injustice at every turn.”
He also referred to the project as “a clandestine sonic conspiracy of artists working in disparate locations toward a shared goal of creating a new genre of music”.
He added: “Amid this heightened sense of impending doom, it’s now time to rally the troops in a last-ditch effort to save the planet, and our artistic souls. By challenging the boundaries of what music is and has sounded like before, you can open people’s eyes to changing the status quo in society.”
Recently, Morello’s other project, Prophets of Rage, announced that they had finished a new album.
When playing with Prophets of Rage in Sweden recently, Morello recruited a fan to help him out during a show.
The guitarist needed surgery just three days before the group played in Stockholm, after breaking his hand. While on stage , he asked someone from the audience to come up and play Rage Against The Machine’s ‘Bulls On Parade’ because his arm was “getting a little tired right now.”
‘The Atlas Underground’ Track Listing:
- Battle Sirens – Tom Morello ft. Knife Party
- Rabbit’s Revenge- Tom Morello ft. Bassnectar, Big Boi, and Killer Mike
- Every Step That I Take – Tom Morello ft. Portugal. The Man and Whethan
- We Don’t Need You – Tom Morello ft. Vic Mensa
- Find Another Way – Tom Morello ft. Marcus Mumford
- How Long – Tom Morello ft. Steve Aoki and Tim McIlrath (Rise Against)
- Lucky One – Tom Morello ft. K.Flay
- One Nation – Tom Morello ft. Pretty Lights
- Vigilante Nocturno – Tom Morello ft. Carl Restivo
- Where It’s At Ain’t What It Is – Tom Morello ft. Gary Clark Jr. and Nico Stadi
- Roadrunner – Tom Morello ft. Leikeli47
- Lead Poisoning – Tom Morello ft. GZA, RZA, and Herobust
Straight from the NME
No upcoming events