Doves are re-releasing their first three albums on limited edition vinyl, it was announced today.
‘Lost Souls’, ‘The Last Broadcast’ and ‘Some Cities’ will be released on double coloured vinyl and will be released on May 31.
You can pre-order the records now which will each come with all original artwork and sleeve notes, together with a free download.
Receiving a length standing ovation, frontman Jimi Goodwin said: “It’s sold out. We’re blown away – this is incredible.”
Speaking about the possibility of new music last year, the band said last year that they would “never say never.”
“At the moment we’re just in a room playing the old tunes,” guitarist Jez Williams told Radio X’s Gordan Smart. “We’re hoping the waters are right, the planets are aligned and we get that right vibe and you never say never, but at the moment we’re just concentrating on playing the tunes.”
In an interview with Q Magazine last month, however, the band revealed that they were in fact writing and recording new music again. “Unofficially, we’ve started writing. And it’s really, really good…they are all really, really fucking good Doves songs.”
Doves will be touring the UK and Ireland this summer, dates below.
- Sun 26 May Bearded Theory Festival, Derbyshire
- Fri 7 June Heaton Park, Manchester (with Noel Gallagher)
- Sat 8 June Galvanizers Yard, Glasgow
- Sun 16 June Malahide Castle, Dublin (with Noel Gallagher)
- Tue 16 July Summer Series at Somerset House, London
- Sun 21 July Tramlines, Hillsborough Park, Sheffield
- Fri 26 July Brighton Racecourse
- Sat 27 July Kendal Calling, Lowther, Cumbria
- Sun 28 July Inner City Live, Perry Park, Birmingham
- Fri 23 August Victorious Festival, Portsmouth
Straight from the NME
No upcoming events