Festival Insights NEWS: Attitude is Everything releases DIY Access Guide
UK: Attitude is Everything, the UK’s leading authority on live music accessibility for deaf and disabled people, has published a new DIY Access guide – presenting a series of cheap and simple tips to make gigs and shows more inclusive, and help artists and promoters maximise their audiences.
The aim is to make performances as accessible as possible, even if a stage is up or down a flight of stairs, with the guide providing advice on:
- How to set up an accessible seated viewing area
- How to make your own DIY captions for lyrics
- Information to include on online event pages
- How to make an accessible flyer
- What you can do with shows at an inaccessible venue
The zine style publication was launched at Manchester’s Off The Record conference, during a panel discussion entitled ‘Break Down Barriers, We Will Come’.
The panel featured Attitude is Everything CEO, Suzanne Bull MBE; music blogger Hannah McKearnen;…
OTHER UPCOMING FESTIVALS
No upcoming events